Things are going well...
So everything is great in Ireland. I moved into my new house yesterday and I start work next week. I have a job teaching English via the internet to Japanese people in Japan. It's a strange, weird, but cool concept I think. Imagine, going to Ireland to teach Japanese people? Who would have thought? It's funny though because when one job offer comes in, more seem to follow. I had interview calls for reception positions, but I turned those down, because I feel like I should really do something teaching related that I can put on my CV when I go back home.
My main dilemma came on Monday when I had an interview for a teaching job in Navan. I tried to flub up the interview, but funnily enough they still wanted to give me the job. I do feel a bit bad though because they were so super nice.
So the dilemma I have been struggling with over the past few days is - teaching Irish kids in Navan or teaching Japanese in Dublin? Which job to take? I am leaning towards the one in Dublin, just because I've made connections here and there's a lot more to do in Dublin than Navan. But teaching Irish kids would be a great experience.
Yesterday we went out for Leah's birthday in Dublin. We had a nice meal at a restaurant. Then we went to the Cafe en Seine which is apparently highly recommended.
The downside to everything is I've managed to get sick... so I should really be resting properly, especially since I start work next week.
I hope everything is great at home... I finally watched some TV today. So exciting!!! It's funny how the little things make you happy...
My main dilemma came on Monday when I had an interview for a teaching job in Navan. I tried to flub up the interview, but funnily enough they still wanted to give me the job. I do feel a bit bad though because they were so super nice.
So the dilemma I have been struggling with over the past few days is - teaching Irish kids in Navan or teaching Japanese in Dublin? Which job to take? I am leaning towards the one in Dublin, just because I've made connections here and there's a lot more to do in Dublin than Navan. But teaching Irish kids would be a great experience.
Yesterday we went out for Leah's birthday in Dublin. We had a nice meal at a restaurant. Then we went to the Cafe en Seine which is apparently highly recommended.
The downside to everything is I've managed to get sick... so I should really be resting properly, especially since I start work next week.
I hope everything is great at home... I finally watched some TV today. So exciting!!! It's funny how the little things make you happy...

2 Comments:
hey!
well, if you end up teaching japanese students, we can swap esl techniques! korea is fantastic, so maybe if you do it, you'll end up out this way next :)
Hey Mei!
Congrats on all the job offers! I agree with Lydia that you will have fun no matter which one you choose? Is the internet one set hours? Can you do both? =) Wishful thinking? hee hee...
Talk to you soon!
love, murd
Post a Comment
<< Home